Skip to main content

Youth Cell...............

We had a youth cell last night for an amazing group of 11-14 year olds and I must confess I think its the best one we have ever had! They were being introduced to Youth Alpha, which really could have gone two ways - and thankfully they were so excited about everything. Last night the topic of conversation was "Is there more to life than this?"

They were all on fire and asking questions, sharing experiences and concerns. We discussed the negative and positive sides to Christianity (the positives did out weigh the negative!) and then we worked through those negative points and found how we could change them in order to make things easier to deal with on a daily basis.

Last night has just left me so excited, to what may happen during the next couple of weeks and the sessions to follow. God is at work in such an amazing way in these young lives and it is such a privilege to be able to watch them all grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...