Skip to main content

Kindness.........

The dictionary explanation of this word is the state, quality, or habit of being kind or a kind act or kindly treatment

Roy Crowne spoke at our church on Sunday and said simple evangelism is kindness. He said be kind to people, be that little part of Jesus they see. He said its always grace before truth. Do one kind act a day. Random kindness, any act of kindness, it doesn't matter what - just do it!

Tonight I spent some time with some truly beautiful people praying for healing - physical, emotional and spiritual healing for lots of people. While clinging on to this amazing Lady's hand it dawned on me the true meaning of kindness.

I was truly petrified of going tonight, for no valid reason I might add, but I was so scared. But beside me and with me I had the most loving people any person could ask for. Their abounding love, compassion and selflessness shone from them. They prayed for me, for my family, for each other. They embraced each other, held each others hands, smiled at each other. They felt each others pain, they tried to ease one anothers pain. They listened.

That was pure kindness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...