Skip to main content

Lifes Road...............

I have been spending some time with a close friend today. Her sister, Natalie, died in August, aged just 17. It was heartbreaking to lose Nat - she was one of life's pure gems. She was beautiful, kind, honest but unfortunately also unsaved. This last fact is one that breaks my heart and troubles me a lot, it is one of the points that is top of my prayer list.

Anyway, my friend and I make sure as a rule, we meet every month just for a chat and a catch up. Since we last met she has celebrated her first Christmas and New year without her little sister and it has really been tough for her and the rest of the family. I sometimes find it really difficult because I never want to push my faith upon her, at the same time I just want to scream at her and say GOD CAN HELP YOU, please just let Him in. Instead I sit there in silence using the same empty reassurance lines which I cringe at as soon as I have said them!!!

However today was slightly different, within 5 minutes of sitting down her comment to me was "when someone who you truly love goes away forever - It melts through you" to that I sat silent for what felt like an eternity, what can you say to answer that without agreeing yet not lying to her, she then turned to me and said "I pray to your God every day that He will keep Nats safe, will you pray with me now".

Even now in typing this I am so encouraged - I don't know what I prayed, I don't know how I got through the prayer, what I do know is God was so present with us. After that we sat together and wept, laughed and reminisced. It was the most beautiful time I have ever spent with her.

My Mum constantly tells me that God never gives us more than we can handle - I quoted this in an email this week and surprised myself in doing so. There is a link here I promise!!! In those few seconds after my friends initial comment I prayed, I prayed hard and fast! I told God I wasn't strong enough to deal with the situation and asked Him for escape route!!!

Sometimes we feel like we are stuck in such a haze, and we cant see our hands in front of our faces - but God has us placed there for a reason. He has our lives mapped out in front of us, and though our roads are sometimes rocky and difficult, although we will lose people we love along the way, which does melt us inside; our roads are all heading in an amazing direction - to glorify and honour the Lord so that we may have eternal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...