Skip to main content

Bad Day......

Today has been a bad day. It has been tough and it has hurt. However I have decided that this is ok. It is ok to have rubbish days, it is alright to struggle and feel desperate - as long as you turn and grasp on stronger and tighter to God.

Today has truly been pants yet I have had some amazing prayer time and alone time with God. When the group of people from Tuesday club had left the church, I just sat there in silence for about an hour. It was stunning and more helpful than words could ever be. I just knew that God knew. God knows my hearts' desire, God knows my mangled thoughts, God knows the burdens that I carry upon my shoulders, God knows my fears, my insecurities and God knows my doubts - therefore why should I be ashamed to acknowledge them?

In a preach titled 'Sustaining Grace', we heard how God's grace can and will sustain us through our tiredness, temptations and troubles. The world is a difficult place to live in, however God will sustain us through all things.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

1 John 2:15-17

"As Believers we must guard out hearts and understand that no one crashes and burns.

They just slowly fade away one little compromise at a time" Mark Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...