Skip to main content

Lean on me..........

My time working with the youth has brought me more surprises than I ever thought possible. The way their minds work, the questions they ask and the obvious time they spend carefully placing into words the amazing thoughts and their deepest feelings truly bowl me over.

Tonight was one of those times. I received an email from a member of the youth asking me to follow the link to a video on youtube. The email went on to say how much this video had spoken to them and they wanted me to watch and hoped it would impact me the same way in which it had them. When I emailed back and asked if I could place it on my blog and explain the circumstances behind the video, their comment was "I guess the more people it touches the better".

This video is a tribute to the people of America when Hurricane Katrina hit. It is a Christian Song entitled Lean on Me, sung by Kirk Franklin, Mary J, Bono, Crystal Lewis and R Kelly

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think it is such a blessing that you have such a strong relationship with your youth. It is obvious that they feel comfortable and at ease to share things with you. I pray that God may strengthen and deepen that relationship and bless your on-going work.

From reading your blog you are clearly a blessed and beautiful young woman.

God Bless

Pastor D.K Saunders

(USA)

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...