Skip to main content

Isaiah 35........

The desert and the parched land will be glad;
the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom;
it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
they will see the glory of the LORD,
the splendor of our God.
Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you."
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.
The burning sand will become a pool,
the thirsty ground bubbling springs.
In the haunts where jackals once lay,
grass and reeds and papyrus will grow.
And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it.
No lion will be there,
nor will any ferocious beast get up on it;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there,
and the ransomed of the LORD will return.
They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...