Skip to main content

Decisions.......

Being a Christian is hard work.  But then again no one said that is was ever going to be easy!!! When becoming a Christian you had to make the decision to follow Christ whole-heartedly, leaving your old self behind.  And to be honest, for me that has been harder than I could have ever imagined.  Three years down the track and it is still hard.  
Decisions are hard.

Every decision we make has its consequence and therefore affects other people positively or negatively, whether we like it or not and whether we want it to or not.  But that does not necessarily have to mean the decision is wrong.

Every friendship we end or begin; every argument we start or resolve; every text or email we make, answer or pretend didn't happen; every phone call we ignore, make or put off all have their consequences.

Someone once told me that the best things in life are the ones worth fighting for and are usually the ones that don't come easy.  Sometimes I think we forget that applies to other people too.  The things they want, cherish, love and need are the decisions that have cost them more that we realise.  I am so sad to say that I am too quick to judge a person's actions or decisions.  That is wrong.  In the end whose right is it to judge whether their decision is right or wrong - certainly not mine.

I was up a lot in the night praying for forgiveness for a range of things.  I was also praying for people who are hurting, praying for people who have hurt me, praying for people who have made an impact in my life whether positive or negative, people whom I am worried for; just praying for people in general.  To be truthful I am not very good at that - but I couldn't sleep and I just felt that is what I should do.  Whilst praying I was flicking through my very first bible given to me when I first became a Christian, I saw these words scrawled by myself in the back - "True depth comes from difficulty".  I don't know where I heard them or who said them; but I do know this: they are so accurate and true...


Comments

Mad Asthmatic said…
"True depth comes from difficulty"
those words are so right.
I don't think you are that quick to judge people though Emma, I believe that you think through things before you come to a decision. We may not have a right to judge others but we do, it is not always the right thing to do however it is human nature. Though we have the chance to repent of our thoughts and actions, to make our peace with our lord and to try and be better people.

By the way, I have tagged you for a meme - 6 things that make me happy. check out my blog.

Emma

Popular posts from this blog

Running on Empty.........

It's not fun to run out of gas. Have you every run out of gas? Not your car - you. I have. The gauge I was looking at in my life clearly read full, but I still found myself stranded on the side of life's road. The gauge I was using - the world - was flawed, but I didn't realize it until my tank was empty and I was going nowhere. If we judge whether or not our lives are "full" based on the world's standards, we are destined to run out of gas.... ...Just because we are busy doesn't mean that we are alive. Just because the world says are lives are full doesn't mean that our lives really are full. Our lives are not full simply because we are working hard, playing hard and living hard. When we try to fill our lives with the fuel of this world, we find ourselves running on empty. The gospel of John records that Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full" (John 10:10). In other words, Christ said that He wants us the h

Youth.......

Tonight the youth led their first service. The theme was 'footprints in the sand' inspired by the Leona Lewis song as well as the moving and famous poem . The youth did everything. Choose all the content; the worships songs, the prayers, the drama, everything. They made up the worship band, they did the visuals, the sound, the welcome, they recorded it, and they wrote the preach and prayers. They were all fantastic. They spoke about God never leaving us, through the hard times or the easy, the good times or the bad. They spoke to us about how God never gives us more than what we can handle, even though it may feel like that sometimes! Every single one of them aged between 11-15 were amazing. I have increasingly been scared for the youth of today. They live in such a broken world where underage drinking , teenage murders , teenage murderers , and teenage suicide to name but a few, are increasing at an alarming rate. Tonight each young person there was making their stand. Don&#

Joseph.......

So I have just got back from seeing Joseph in London - it was fantastic!!! I have never seen it before and really loved it.  Gareth Gates played the leading role and I was  reminded why I loved him so much in Pop Idol!!!!  He played Joseph fantastically and his voice was stunning. My youngest sister was squealing and drooling over him!  Especially at the end when he came very close to her - poor man he must've been scared out of his wits!!! It was so nice to spend some time together as a family and we all had an awesome evening. Roll on the next night out!!!