Skip to main content

Enjoyment.........

When asked the question "what do you do for enjoyment?" I froze. How ridiculous is that? I know what I enjoy and what I don't, I know who I enjoy spending company with and who I don't; therefore why couldn't I answer the question?

It got me thinking more than I ever realised such a simple question could. So I went to my usual location to think about it - Southend!!! I stood on the beach and just thought, and thought, and thought.

It then occurred to me how funny it is, that you give up so much when you think people think you should. When I fell ill my parents made me believe I needed to give up everything, I am sure that wasn't intentional but that is what happened. So gradually over time I have given up a lot of my 'wild ways', for some of them that's good, but for others it makes me wonder.

Then I realised how easy it is to get yourself into this 'Christian bubble', its so easy to not have any social circles apart from those that involve Christians in one way or another, or those that involve church. However how are we to reach out to the unsaved if we aren't in communication with the unsaved?

So I have spent this evening with old school friends reminiscing, laughing, joking and thoroughly enjoying myself. We have all talked like we left school yesterday and loved each others company, none of them are yet Christians. I think I thought that becoming a Christian meant I had to leave my old life behind and that meant friends as well, but when we become a Christian we leave our old ways behind not the people.

Tonight I have enjoyed myself more than I have in months and that's because I let myself. I was holding myself back from enjoyment; what is holding you back?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...