Skip to main content

Five Smooth Stones.......

Last Thursday I started a short bible course from 'The way of the Spirit' series called 'Five Smooth Stones' by Richard George. The subtitle to this course is 'learning to over come your Goliaths', I found it so good. There is a really small group of us doing it and literally last week was the first week but already I have learnt and been challenged so much.

I just thought I would comment on some of the things I heard from our first session.

Firstly no one can walk our walk. Which sounds so obvious but sometimes I fail to remember that. No one can fight my fights, deal with my tasks or walk in my shoes except me. However much I may want someone to, no one can! God knows the purpose He has for each one of our lives, He knows what each of us are being trained for and individually we must complete the tasks set before us.

Secondly, we discussed about it not being about what you do, but what is in your heart that counts. You can go through the motions at church, or help out at every available group but if your service is for show and not from the heart then what is the point? Nothing outside can defile you, it is what comes out of a person that makes them unclean. It's like the words in Matthew 12:34, '...for out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks'. It just really made myself sit up and think about my heart, which sounds strange. But I want a pure, clean heart. One that wont disappoint God, one in which I can make a difference to people, not because I want praise or because people are looking, but one which comes out of care and a place of service.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...