Skip to main content

Loneliness.........

Since I can remember I have had a genuine fear of being alone.

I have struggled at the concept that people can and people do desert and leave you, whether that be through choice or death. Because of this fear, I always felt so lonely! Sounds strange doesn't it.

For a long while I believed if you surrounded yourself with enough people you would never get lonely. This however had the opposite effect on me and the more people I surrounded myself with, the lonelier I felt.

Then in my bizarre train of thoughts I believed that if I segregated myself away from people, it would then not affect me if anyone left, nor would it affect them if I were to leave. However this too made me feel so lonely.

I had a real 'God prompt' just now to look in my journal and trace back a couple of times where I have felt so alone. This scripture then came to me:

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my beliefs reading through this again my last belief was that I would never be truly alone.

What a beautiful and encouraging thought. That no matter how alone we feel, no matter how many people have left our side, our heavenly Father, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is always there. Ready to uphold us and to bring light to that fear of loneliness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...