Skip to main content

Courageous Leadership: Bill Hybels.....


I have been reading this book now for a couple of weeks and every time I turn another page I am intrigued by the amazing gems of wisdom that leap out at me

'The Local church is the hope of the world' is just one comment that he repeats constantly in the first few pages and although I have heard that saying so often, the way he skilfully writes about this just moves me to the brink of tears. How can we as Christians sometimes overlook that fact?

It makes me ponder how highly to I regard my Church, when I get ready to go whether on a Sunday, or during the week, do I actually realise what this place is? THE HOPE OF THE WORLD!! That is a massive deal!!!!

Words cannot explain how important any church is - I feel that we are all worried about the how, what and where and not the why of the church.

We are there to worship our God, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. We're there to honour Him, His majesty, greatness, unconditional love and amazing forgiveness to us all.

It just moves me that I know I can sometimes be so wrapped up in what I must get done while at Church while not necessarily remembering what the Church stands for - I think it is about time I remembered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists...........

So recently I have been very efficient and have been making lots of lists.   Like most people I have made a list of things I want to do before I die.......it is HUGE!!!! I have so many things I want to do - looks like I am going to be very very busy!!! Thought I would share 10 things. 1.  Get Married 2.  Become a Mum 3.  Go Bungee Jumping 4.  Watch the Lion King in London 5.  Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower 6.  Meet Take That (!) 7.  Sing on a West End Stage 8.  Go to Australia 9.  Write My Story 10. Touch 20 people's lives Just a small insight to one of my random lists!!!

Channel Four.......

This evening I watched a programme called 'The Virgin Daughters" on channel four.  It was all about purity and sex before marriage. I have to be truthful it totally freaked me.   I really believe that marriage is sacred and an act that shouldn't be taken into lightly, I also whole- heartedly  believe that you should save yourself for marriage. Saving yourself however I don't believe means you cant hold hands or kiss.  God isn't going to be upset with you because you kissed a boy at the age of 15, you aren't going to be unclean for holding someone of the opposites sex hand.  It makes me think what impression are we giving to younger non-Christians, 'if you become a Christian you cant hold you boyfriend/girlfriends hand until you're married'; that is insane and frankly I don't think 98% of young people will buy into. Also no offense to my Dad, however I don't want him to pick my future husband.  If my previous boyfriends asked my Dads permissi...

Emma Bearfoot.......

Tonight I am really sad, a good friend of mine from the Royal Brompton died very suddenly yesterday. I went back and read her blog this evening and it really moved me. Do people know if they are going to die? Although she has been unwell, Emma had a heart attack so no one actually could have predicted her passing, yet her last blog talks about life and death, and how you must make the most of life while you have it. It is so moving when re-reading it now she has gone. Even though I have known her for a few years, I never knew she had a blog until I received a comment on mine a couple of months ago. Apparently I touched her because she yearned for a faith and a relationship with Christ, but did not know how to possess one. We have shared some awesome email conversations about life and Jesus. My prayer tonight is she found what she was so desperately longing for...